#BigTech continues to mute, suspend, or outright ban users every day, even in the middle of live streams. YouTube and other #BigTech platforms are notorious for censoring and blocking the free flow of information. This is why Hashtag.Org has developed the world's leading Google Meet alternative and Zoom alternative.
Decentralized video streaming from Hashtag.Org provides a solution to censorship. Our platform is powered by the Interplanetary File System (IPFS) protocol, which is a peer-to-peer network that offers censorship-resistant content storage and retrieval. This means that your content cannot be taken down or censored by anyone, including us!
To get started, all you need is a web browser and an IPFS-compatible video player. We recommend the open-source video player VLC for desktop computers and IPFSplayer for Android devices. Once you have one of these players installed, simply navigate to our website and start streaming!
If you're interested in creating your own decentralized video channel, we offer easy-to-use tools that make it simple to get started. With Hashtag.Org, there's no need to worry about censorship or platform bans. Stream freely and know that your content is safe with us.
10 Things You Should Understand About How Decentralized Video Streaming Works
1. A decentralized video streaming service is a platform that allows users to watch videos without the need for a central server.
2. Instead of storing all of the video files on a central server, a decentralized video streaming service stores the files on a distributed network of computers.
3. When a user wants to watch a video, the decentralized video streaming service will fetch the file from the distributed network and stream it to the user's device.
4. Decentralized video streaming services have several advantages over traditional centralized services.
5. One advantage is that they are more resilient to attacks, as there is no central server that can be taken down.
6. Another advantage is that they are more efficient, as they can make use of unused bandwidth and storage on users' devices.
7. Finally, decentralized video streaming services are more private, as there is no central server that stores users' data.
8. There are several different types of decentralized video streaming services available, each with its own advantages and disadvantages.
9. The most popular type of decentralized video streaming service is peer-to-peer (P2P) networking.
10. P2P networks are composed of a large number of nodes, each of which stores a portion of the video files
Pros & Cons of a Decentralized Video Streaming Service
There are several advantages of using a decentralized video streaming service:
1. Resilient to Attacks: Without a central server, there is no single point of failure that can take the entire system down.
2. Efficient Use of Bandwidth and Storage: Decentralized services can make use of unused bandwidth and storage on users' devices, which makes them more efficient than traditional centralized services.
3. More Private: Without a central server, there is no single repository of users' data. This makes decentralized services more private than their centralized counterparts.
There are also some disadvantages to using a decentralized video streaming service:
1. Lower Quality: The quality of videos streamed from a decentralized service may be lower than those streamed from a centralized service, as the videos are typically encoded at a lower bitrate to save on bandwidth.
2. More Complex: Decentralized services are often more complex than centralized ones, as they require users to install and configure additional software.
3. Lower Reliability: Without a central server, decentralized services can be less reliable than centralized ones, as they are reliant on the availability of nodes in the network.
Contact Hashtag.Org to Learn More About Our Decentralized Video Streaming Services
At Hashtag.Org, we offer easy-to-use tools for creating and streaming decentralized videos. If you're interested in learning more about our services, please contact us today. We'll be happy to answer any of your questions.